Planning & Zoning Commission
Purpose:The primary responsibility of the Planning and Zoning Commission (P&Z) is to make recommendations to the City Council on matters affecting community development.
Duties:In particular, the responsibilities include:
- Comprehensive Plan. The P&Z may review the Comprehensive Plan of the City and suggest amendments to the City Council regarding the future growth and development of the City.
- Land Use Regulations. The P&Z may draft and recommend the adoption or amendment of zoning and subdivision regulations to the City Council.
- Review Subdivisions. The P&Z may recommend approval, conditional approval, or disapproval of subdivision plats that comply with subdivision regulations.
- Review Plats and Site Plans. The P&Z may review and recommend approval, approval with modifications, or disapproval of plats and site plans according to standards set forth in the state law and the Parker Code of Ordinances.
- Official Map. The P&Z shall review and make a recommendation to the City Council to amend the Official Map of the City.
- Report on Referred Matters. The P&Z may report on all matters referred to it by the City Council, including proposed amendments to the subdivision regulations and the comprehensive zoning ordinance.
- Special use permits. After public notice and hearing, proof of receipt of all applicable permits, consideration of public health, safety, and general welfare, and subject to appropriate conditions and safeguards, a special use permit may be granted by the City Council, upon recommendation from the P&Z.
- 7:00 pm
- Second and fourth Thursday of every month
Agendas & Minutes
Agendas are available prior to the meetings.
Most Recent Agenda | View All
Minutes are also available following approval.
Most Recent Minutes | View All
Planning and Zoning Commission members serve two-year terms. The current members are:
|Russell Wright||Place One; Chairperson||November 2017|
|Joe Lozano||Place Two; Vice Chairperson||November 2018|
|Wei Wei Jeang||Place Three; Secretary||November 2017|
|David Leamy||Place Four; Voting||November 2018|
|Jasmat Sutaria||Place Five; Voting||November 2017|
|Tony Cassavechia||Alternate One||November 2017|
|Larkin Crutcher||Alternate Two||November 2017|
|J.R. Douglas||Alternate Three||November 2017|