Create an Account - Increase your productivity, customize your experience, and engage in information you care about.
City Council REGULAR Meeting
September 21, 2021 @ 6:00 PM
Notice is hereby given the City Council for the City of Parker will meet on Tuesday, September 21, 2021, at 6:00 P.M. Pursuant to Tex. Gov’t Code Section 551.127, Diana M. Abraham of the City Council may appear virtually through videoconferencing. However, a quorum of the City Council will be physically present for the meeting, which will be conducted at Parker City Hall, 5700 E. Parker Road, Parker, Texas 75002 and such meeting shall be open to the public and live streamed.
CALL TO ORDER – Roll Call and Determination of a Quorum
EXECUTIVE SESSION 6:00 PM – 7:00 PM – Pursuant to the provisions of Chapter 551, Texas Government Code the City Council may hold a closed meeting.
RECESS TO CLOSED EXECUTIVE SESSION IN ACCORDANCE WITH THE AUTHORITY CONTAINED IN:
Government Code Section 551.074 Personnel—To deliberate the appointment, employment, evaluation, reassignment, duties, discipline, or dismissal of a public officer or employee.
Government Code Section 551.071—Consultation with attorney concerning and including Pending or Contemplated Litigation.
RECONVENE REGULAR MEETING.
ANY APPROPRIATE DELIBERATION AND/OR ACTION ON ANY OF THE EXECUTIVE SESSION SUBJECTS LISTED ABOVE.
PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE
AMERICAN PLEDGE: I pledge allegiance to the flag of the United States of America; and to the republic for which it stands, one nation under God, indivisible with liberty and justice for all.
TEXAS PLEDGE: Honor the Texas flag; I pledge allegiance to thee, Texas, one state under God, one and indivisible.
PUBLIC COMMENTS The City Council invites any person with business before the Council to speak to the Council. No formal action may be taken on these items at this meeting. Please keep comments to 3 minutes.
ITEMS OF COMMUNITY INTEREST
i. PEANUT BUTTER FOOD DRIVE FOR NORTH TEXAS FOOD BANK
NATIONAL NIGHT OUT (NNO) – TUESDAY, OCTOBER 5, 2021, 6:00 P.M. – 9:00 P.M
PARKS AND RECREATION COMMISSION (P&R) – WEDNESDAY, OCTOBER 13, 2021, 6 PM
COMPREHENSIVE PLAN (COMP) COMMITTEE - WEDNESDAY, OCTOBER 20, 2021, 6 PM
EARLY VOTING OCTOBER 18, 2021 – OCTOBER 29, 2021 & NOVEMBER 2, 2021, ELECTION
NATIONAL PRESCRIPTION DRUG TAKE BACK EVENT SATURDAY, OCTOBER 23, 2021, 10:00 AM – 2:00 PM
HOUSEHOLD HAZARDOUS WASTE DISPOSAL SATURDAY, OCTOBER 23, 2021, 10:00 AM – 2:00 PM, AT PARKER CITY HALL, 5700 E. PARKER ROAD, PARKER, TEXAS
PARKERFEST - SUNDAY, OCTOBER 24, 2021, 3:00 PM to 6:00 PM
CONSENT AGENDA Routine Council business. Consent Agenda is approved by a single majority vote. Items may be removed for open discussion by a request from a Councilmember or member of staff.
1. APPROVAL OF MEETING MINUTES FOR AUGUST 31, 2021.
2. APPROVAL OF MEETING MINUTES FOR SEPTEMBR 7, 2021.
3. CONSIDERATION AND/OR ANY APPROPRIATE ACTION ACCEPTING A DONATION IN THE AMOUNT OF $1,000 FROM FARMERS ELECTRIC CHARITABLE FOUNDATION FOR THE FIRE DEPARTMENT.
INDIVIDUAL CONSIDERATION ITEMS
4. CONSIDERATION AND/OR ANY APPROPRIATE ACTION ON RESOLUTION NO. 2021-678, REGARDING NOMINATION OF A BOARD OF DIRECTOR POSITION FOR THE COLLIN CENTRAL APPRAISAL DISTRICT.
5. CONSIDERATION, DISCUSSION, AND POTENTIAL ACTION REGARDING ONE OR MORE OF THE FOLLOWING MATTERS: (1) CANCELLATION OF RFP FOR SOLID WASTE COLLECTION AND DISPOSAL WHICH CLOSED ON SEPTEMBER 17, 2021; (2) SELECTION OF A SUCCESSFUL BIDDER ARISING FROM THE RFP FOR SOLID WASTE COLLECTION AND DISPOSAL WHICH CLOSED ON SEPTEMBER 17, 2021; AND/OR APPROPRIATE ACTION OR CONSIDERATION REGARDING THE POTENTIAL RENEWAL OR CANCELLATION OF REPUBLIC SOLID WASTE AGREEMENT.
6. CONSIDERATION AND/OR ANY APPROPRIATE ACTION ON RESOLUTION NO. 2021-679, AUTHORIZING TCAP TO NEGOTIATE AN ELECTRIC SUPPLY AGREEMENT; AUTHORIZING TEXAS COALITION FOR AFFORDABLE (TCAP) TO ACT AS AN AGENT ON BEHALF OF THE CITY TO ENTER INTO A CONTRACT FOR DELIVERIES OF ELECTRICITY EFFECTIVE ON OR AFTER _______________; AND ADOPTING GEXA ENERGY’S COMMERCIAL ELECTRIC SERVICE AGREEMENT FOR POWER TO BE PROVIDED ON AND AFTER JANUARY 1, 2023.
PARKER PARKS AND RECREATION (P&R) COMMISSION
DEPARTMENT REPORTS- BUILDING/CODE (AUG), COURT(JULY-AUG), FINANCE (monthly financials) (AUG), POLICE(AUG), REPUBLIC WASTE(AUG), AND WEBSITE(AUG)
CAPITAL IMPROVEMENT PROGRAM (CIP) COMMITTEE [LYNCH/REED]
DRAINAGE [Except Poco Estados, Moss Ridge & Easy Acres – Drainage for these areas continue under Mayor Pro Tem Meyer.]
CODE BOOK [MEYER]
COMPREHENSIVE PLAN COMMITTEE [SLAUGHTER]
EMERGENCY COMMUNICATION COMMITTEE [ABRAHAM]
MUNICIPAL COMPLEX [PETTLE/COUNCIL]
LEGISLATIVE UPDATES [OLSON]
NEW RESIDENT PACKET [MEYER]
NOISE COMMITTEE [OLSON]
NORTH TEXAS MUNICIPAL WATER DISTRICT (NTMWD) [OLSON]
PUMP STATION [MACHADO]
RISK AND RESILIENCE ANALYSIS AND EMERGENCY RESPONSE PLAN UPDATE [MACHADO/BIRKHOFF]
SALES TAX [MEYER]
THOROUGFARE & OTHER MAPS UPDATE [MACHADO]
ACCEPTANCE OF FOOD DONATION(S) FOR POLICE, FIRE, AND CITY STAFF DUE TO COVID-19 FOR THE RECORD (Each valued at between $0 - $500). [PETTLE]
Martha and Mark Martin donated popcorn estimated value is $80.00.
The Turrentine family donated Tiff’s Treats estimated value is $85.00
Pastor Kelly First Presbyterian Church donated Mini Candy Bars estimated value is $20.00
FUTURE AGENDA ITEMS
8. FUTURE AGENDA ITEMS
In addition to any specifically identified Executive Sessions, Council may convene into Executive Session at any point during the open meeting to discuss any item posted on this Agenda. The Open Meetings Act provides specific exceptions that require that a meeting be open. Should Council elect to convene into Executive Session, those exceptions will be specifically identified and announced. Any subsequent action, as a result of this Executive Session, will be taken and recorded in open session.
I certify that this Notice of Meeting was posted on or before September 17, 2021, by 5:00 p.m. at the Parker City Hall, and as a courtesy, this Agenda is also posted to the City of Parker Website at www.parkertexas.us.
Date Notice Removed
Patti Scott Grey
The Parker City Hall is Wheelchair accessible. Sign interpretations or other special assistance for disabled attendees must be requested 48 hours in advance by contacting the City Secretary’s Office at 972 442 6811.