Create a Website Account - Manage notification subscriptions, save form progress and more.
CITY COUNCIL SPECIAL MEETING
JANUARY 11, 2022 @ 7:00 P.M.
Notice is hereby given the City Council for the City of Parker will meet on Tuesday, January 11, 2022, at 7:00 P.M. at the Parker City Hall, 5700 E. Parker Road, Parker, Texas, 75002. The City Council meeting will be open to the public and live streamed. The City of Parker will provide disposable face masks and hand sanitizer.
CALL TO ORDER – Roll Call and Determination of a Quorum
PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE
AMERICAN PLEDGE: I pledge allegiance to the flag of the United States of America; and to the republic for which it stands, one nation under God, indivisible with liberty and justice for all.
TEXAS PLEDGE: Honor the Texas flag; I pledge allegiance to thee, Texas, one state under God, one and indivisible.
PUBLIC COMMENTS The City Council invites any person with business before the Council to speak to the Council. No formal action may be taken on these items at this meeting. Please keep comments to 3 minutes.
ITEMS OF COMMUNITY INTEREST
CONSENT AGENDA Routine Council business. Consent Agenda is approved by a single majority vote. Items may be removed for open discussion by a request from a Councilmember or member of staff.
INDIVIDUAL CONSIDERATION ITEMS
5. CONSIDERATION, DISCUSSION AND/OR ANY APPROPRIATE ACTION ON DISSOLVING THE NOISE COMMITTEE.
6. CONSIDERATION AND/OR ANY APPROPRIATE ACTION ON ORDINANCE NO. 809, ALTERING THE PRIMA FACIE SPEED LIMITS ESTABLISHED FOR VEHCILES UNDER THE PROVISIONS OF TRANSPORTATION CODE, SECTION 545.356 UPON FARM-TO-MARKET (FM) HIGHWAY NO. 2514 OR PARTS THEREOF, WITHIN THE INCORPORATE LIMITS OF THE CITY OF PARKER, TEXAS, AS SET OUT IN THIS ORDINANCE, AND PROVIDING A PENALTY OF A FINE NOT TO EXCEED $200 FOR THE VIOLATION OF THIS ORDINANCE.
7. CONSIDERATION, DISCUSSION AND APPOINTMENT OF A FULL TIME CITY ATTORNEY AND CONSIDERATION, DISCUSSION AND APPROVAL OF ORDINANCE NO. 810 APPOINTING LARENCE M. (TREY) LANSFORD III, ESQ. AS CITY ATTORNEY.
FUTURE AGENDA ITEMS
9. FUTURE AGENDA ITEMS
executive session START TO FINISH – Pursuant to the provisions of Chapter 551, Texas Government Code the City Council may hold a closed meeting.
10. RECESS TO CLOSED EXECUTIVE SESSION IN ACCORDANCE WITH THE AUTHORITY CONTAINED IN:
11. RECONVENE REGULAR MEETING.
12. ANY APPROPRIATE DELIBERATION AND/OR ACTION ON ANY OF THE EXECUTIVE SESSION SUBJECTS LISTED ABOVE.
In addition to any specifically identified Executive Sessions, Council may convene into Executive Session at any point during the open meeting to discuss any item posted on this Agenda. The Open Meetings Act provides specific exceptions that require that a meeting be open. Should Council elect to convene into Executive Session, those exceptions will be specifically identified and announced. Any subsequent action, as a result of this Executive Session, will be taken and recorded in open session.
I certify that this Notice of Meeting was posted on or before January 7, 2022, by 5:00 p.m. at the Parker City Hall, and as a courtesy, this Agenda is also posted to the City of Parker Website at www.parkertexas.us.
Date Notice Removed
Patti Scott Grey
The Parker City Hall is Wheelchair accessible. Sign interpretations or other special assistance for disabled attendees must be requested 48 hours in advance by contacting the City Secretary’s Office at 972 442 6811.