As the temperatures begin to warm up, mosquitoes become more active. Mosquito populations can occur anywhere in Texas because the habitats for immature mosquitoes are almost everywhere in the state.
To control mosquitoes the most effectively and economically, you need to:
- Understand their life cycle
- Be able to identify the mosquito species in your area
- Know the management steps that provide the best control for different species and at specific locations.
Remember the four D's:
- Drain standing water
- Stay indoors during Dawn and Dusk
- Dress in long sleeves and pants
- Defend with repellents
For additional information:
Integrated Mosquito Management